One of the strongest regenerating characters, Starfire can mostly only heal herself (unlike Atlantean Armor Aquaman), but if she has enough of the right stats she could make all attempts to damage her futile by healing more than any special can inflict.
The first part of her passive heals her according to power bars spent by his opponent (it would use the actual amount spent, after being modified by e.g. Doctor Fate's passive). Enhanced block abilities do not heal her. The heal is applied at the beginning of the enemy special; she could heal from a special, and tag out to let a different character take the rest of the damage.
Energized Starfire's super will heal her team (but not herself) for 5%-20% of their maximum health, and the amount is not affected by the combo counter.
Starfire projects short bursts of green energy from her hands as her basic attacks, and they have decent reach. Most notably is her jump attack, during which she hovers for a long time in the air and shoots three ranged starbolts at her opponent. However as the bolts are shot downward as well as forward, if her opponent is close enough they can hit her with a jump attack, interrupting hers and taking no damage themselves.
- Horrific Scarecrow: His enemy power cost increase (and to a lesser extent the damage reduction) greatly increases the healing Energized Starfire receives for the same special.
- Armored Superman: Defence is particularly useful for her, which his passive provides. He also has a Super Block that can tank the rest of the specials after she healed at the beginning.
- Power drain, dampening, or cost increase: Her competency is completely non-reliant on power usage.
- Heroes with Special block, such as Wonder Woman, Gorilla Grodd, Superman, and their variants, as it allows them to spend power usefully but not heal her at all.
- Soulstealer Doctor Fate: She heals from his supermove before he steals her now-increased health.
- Special cost decrease: Decreasing costs reduces the healing she receives. Multiverse White Canary and Multiverse Batwoman's passives may allow a special to be used at no cost, not healing her at all.
- Previously, the same heal from her passive is applied upon using her specials, as well as enhanced block abilities used by the opponent (heals as if 1 bar is used upon initiation) but this has since been removed.